The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Our Key Priorities will ensure that: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society helps blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.
- Advance the diagnosis and treatment of blood cancers through continued funding of academic research, the therapy acceleration program and other special initiatives
- Proactively establish a research agenda and direct a portion of research spending to specific areas of unmet medical need for leukemia, lymphoma & myeloma
- Participate directly in blood cancer therapy development by expanding research beyond academic collaborations and biotech partnerships to include pharmaceutical companies and/or venture capitalists
- Develop a services agenda for patients and their families to address their information and support needs
- Inform blood cancer patients and improve access to the latest individual therapy options and blood cancer clinical trials
- LLS is the key source of information and services for patients throughout their cancer journey
- Increase funding from non-LLS sources to accelerate the discovery and development of blood cancer therapies
- Encourage an effective and science-driven regulatory system for efficient review of new blood cancer therapies
- Ensure patients have insurance coverage for their treatments and well-coordinated and high quality cancer care
To learn more about LLS, please visit www.lls.org or contact Caroline Moulton at email@example.com or 703.399.2936.